North Branch Sports, Office and Retail Center
Archimage was contracted by a development team which included representatives of the Chicago Fire Soccer team and one of Chicago’s leading developers to design a multi-use facility with the main emphasis being three world cup size indoor soccer fields. The facility is designed for professional and youth soccer and for future spectator expansion. The facility was to be used in conjunction with the 2016 Chicago Olympic games as practice facilities for the US and foreign teams.
- Enclosed parking garage – 187,860 sq.ft. – 475 cars
- Office/Retail – 88,340 sq.ft.
- Soccer/Fitness – 377,600 sq.ft.
- 75’x120′ turf field
- 75’x115′ turf field
- 70’x100′ turf field
- Rowing Club – 5340 sq.ft.
- Concessions/Restaurant/Pub – 7200 sq.ft.
- Club Level – Youth club and professional – 7200 sq.ft.
- City and field view party level – 4800 sq.ft.
- Bird Air tensile fabric roof systems for natural daylighting
- Polycarbonate wall panels
- Deep trench and fan system geothermal space conditioning system
- Rainwater collection and grey water plumbing fixtures
- Solar hot water and photo voltaic solar systems
- Building systems designed for assembly and dis-assembly
- Water taxi stop
- Commuter train stop
- Bike path link to the 606 (former Bloomingdale Trail)