New single family residence on Lake Geneva, WI. ; the Nantucket of the Midwest
- Majestic lake house designed to reflect the historic community
- Lake facing grand porch compliments the traditional wooden white docks which serve as front yards for lake estates
- T shaped floor plan with the main living spaces along the formal lake facade with the secondary spaces and garage wing on the street side. The formal entry is at the intersection of the “T” forming an embracing street approach.
- Exterior stairs at the ends of the home allow the home to be tucked into the existing topography providing an entertainment level with direct pool and lakeside patio access
- As typical with Archimage projects, as part of the home design, all cabinetry, millwork and hierarchical trim system were designed by the architects.
- Strong axial relationships punctuated by dynamic vertical spaces
- Featured in the book “Distinctive Homes of America” Note, cover photo courtesy of the author Glenn Hettinger